During the early morning hours of July 2, 16 vehicles were broken into in the areas of the 600 to 800 block of the Bedford Highway and Rutledge Street in Bedford.
The investigations into these incidents are ongoing and we encourage anyone who has had their vehicle broken into or property stolen from their vehicle to report it to police by calling 902-490-5016 or at our online crime reporting site. If your license plate or government identification is stolen, report it to police immediately.
Police are reminding people to not leave valuables in vehicles. In the month of June HRP, received 184 reports of thefts from motor vehicles throughout the HRP territory.
Whether you are parked in a driveway, parkade, parking lot or on the street, following a few simple steps may make your vehicle less attractive to would-be thieves:
- Always lock your vehicle, even when parked in your driveway or garage.
- Make sure to take your wallet/purse with you when you leave your vehicle.
- Never leave valuables in your vehicle, especially in plain view.
- Don’t leave your garage opener in your vehicle.
- Consider leaving outside lights or motion sensors on during the night.
- If possible, park in well-lit, well-traveled areas.
Anyone who observes suspicious activity in or around parked vehicles, such as someone pulling on door handles, should call police immediately at 902-490-5020. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or by using the P3 Tips app.