Significant drug seizure in Yarmouth
June 1, 2019, Yarmouth, Nova Scotia . . . The RCMP in Yarmouth have completed a seven-month investigation and seized drugs, cash, and firearms as a result of two searches that were conducted on May 30. The investigation was led by the Yarmouth/Clare RCMP Street Crime Enforcement Unit, with assistance from members of Yarmouth RCMP and an RCMP Police Dog team. Following the searches, two men were arrested without incident and they remain in custody.
Police seized the following:
- Over $35,000 in cash,
- 2 modified handguns with ammunition,
- A significant quantity of Methamphetamine pills,
- A significant quantity of processed and packaged marihuana, including ‘shatter’,
- A significant quantity of cocaine,
- Steroid pills,
- Several scales and packaging material.
Robert Thomas Greenslade, 41, of Yarmouth, and Andrew Nhi Van Pham, 45, formerly of Yarmouth, have both been charged with the following offences:
- Trafficking Cocaine
- Trafficking Methamphetamine
- Trafficking in Cannabis
- Possession of Cocaine
- Possession of Methamphetamine
- Possession of Cannabis
- Conspire to commit an indictable offence x 2
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose x 2
- Careless use of a firearm x 2
- Unsafe storage of a firearm x 2
- Possession of a Prohibited Weapon x 2
Both have been remanded and will return to Yarmouth Provincial Court on June 3. The investigation is ongoing. File # 2019166642 refers.
This is another example of how methamphetamine has been making its way into many small communities in Nova Scotia and is causing a devastating effect on drug users and their families.
Anyone with any information on drug dealers or other criminals committing crimes can submit an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or using the P3 Tips App