Drugs, weapons and vehicles seized from home in Colchester County
September 13, 2018, Onslow Mountain, Nova Scotia . . . Police have arrested a 29-year-old man after locating drugs and firearms in a home in Colchester County.
At approximately 6 p.m. on September 11, members of Colchester District RCMP, the Colchester Integrated Street Crime Unit (SCEU), Colchester General Investigation Section (GIS) and Local Intelligence Officers of Criminal Intelligence Service of Nova Scotia (CISNS) searched a home on Onslow Mountain Rd. in Onslow Mountain. As a result, a quantity of drugs were seized, including: cocaine, methamphetamine and cannabis marihuana. A loaded AR-15 .22 rifle, brass knuckles and a stun gun was also seized along with a side-by-side/ATV and a Sports Utility Vehicle. Six people were in the home at the time of the search, including a 4-year-old boy who was safely removed.
A 29-year-old man from Onslow Mountain, is facing the following charges:
- Trafficking of Cocaine
- Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Methamphetamine for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Production of Cannabis Marihuana
- Possession of Cannabis Marihuana for the Purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose x 3
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited Device x 2
- Unsafe Storage of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon in a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of a Weapon Obtained by the Commission of an Offence
The man was released from custody on conditions and is scheduled to appear in Truro Provincial Court on November 28, 2018.
This is yet another seizure of methamphetamine which has been making a big impression on the provincial illicit drug scene. Anyone with information about drugs or any other criminal offences are asked to to call their local police department or anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or by using the P3 Tips app.